Value of Membership
From our HRCI accredited events to our community and legislative action programs, being a member of VSHRA provides an incredible opportunity to expand and grow your professional expertise and network. With four chapters and almost 400 members, joining VSHRA offers top-notch programs at convenient locations throughout the Valley of the Sun.
VSHRA offers a number of opportunities for member involvement through networking, leadership, participation in various committees and professional development events. Members are encouraged to actively participate through committee membership.
VSHRA is dedicated to:
- Promoting high professional and ethical performance standards in the field of Human Resources.
- Improving the competence of Human Resource professionals through education and other dissemination of relevant professional information. VSHRA is dedicated to hosting programs and activities that focus on the six competency areas within the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) body of knowledge.
- Supporting greater recognition of the relationships with allied groups and professionals.
These objectives are achieved through:
- Monthly meetings featuring a variety of speakers on human resource related topics.
- Regular legislative updates on proposed and new legislation affecting the Human Resources field.
- Additional opportunities to attend professional development programs.
- Active member participation in committees relating to many areas of Human Resources.
- Networking opportunities provided to members at our various events.
- Distribution of a monthly newsletter with original topics of interest to human resource professionals.